Website Farmington Schools
Public School District
.50 FTE Special Education resource teacher.
Farmington Elementary School
* Develop and implement positive behavior and social skills curriculum.
* Develop and implement academic curriculum.
* Conduct assessments as part of the special education evaluation process: academic, observations and Functional Behavioral Assessments.
* Provide case management for students.
* Maintain student records of services provided.
* Participate in IEP and in-take meetings.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Current Minnesota teaching license - in one or more of the following areas: ABS, ASD, SLD, or EBD
* Current Certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI).
* Experience in developing and implementing a variety of behavior strategies and interventions for effective programming, including Functional Behavioral Assessments.
* Experience implementing strategies for improving social skills.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds weight (and/or up to adult-size body weight with two-to-three person lift).
* Experience with standardized assessment tools.
* Knowledge of Special Education Due Process procedures.
* Skills in developing Individual Education Plans (IEP's) and Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP's)
* Ability to communicate with parent/guardian and team members.
District Application Guidelines
apply on line
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.