Website Fillmore Central School District
Fillmore Central Schools is seeking applicants for a .6 (minimum) Superintendent of Schools beginning July 1, 2020. Fillmore Central is located 35 miles southeast of Rochester in the scenic bluff country of southeast Minnesota. We serve a student population of approximately 600 students from in and around the communities of Preston, Harmony, and Fountain. We employ 52.5 FTE certified staff and approximately 70 non-certified staff. Food service and transportation services are contracted through 3rd party vendors.
Our Preston building site houses daycare, preschool, and K-6 students. Students in grades 7-12 attend our Harmony site. All buildings and sites have been well maintained and recently updated.
The district office is located in the Preston building. We employ a full-time business manager and a full-time bookkeeper. The district has an operating budget of approximately $8 million and is in a positive financial position with a positive undesignated fund balance.
Vision: All students will graduate as life-long learners with the knowledge, skills, and character needed
to succeed in our communities and global society.
Mission: In partnership with our parents, our communities, and our staff, Fillmore Central Schools will
inspire students to reach high standards through academics, arts, activities, and leadership
Fillmore Central ISD #2198 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain a license as Superintendent of Schools issued by the State of Minnesota. Experience as a school superintendent is preferred. Additionally:
- A willingness to work towards continued growth in district curriculum offerings
- Knowledge and experience in the management and development of school personnel
- Knowledge and experience in Minnesota school finance
- Proficiency in communication skills and involvement in the school and community activities
- Works cooperatively with the school board and district leadership team
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner in all representations of the school district
District Application Guidelines
Interested candidates should submit the following electronic files, in PDF format, to Kathy Whalen at [email protected]
- cover letter
- current resume including references
- three letters of recommendation (at least one from a community/business leader)
- Minnesota licensure information
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.