Website Freshwater Education District
Freshwater Education District has an opening for a full-time Executive Director/Superintendent
Freshwater serves 13 school districts with a variety of services. The largest programs include special education and alternative learning centers as well as early childhood, career and technical, adult basic education and a large targeted services program which is provided remotely to outside districts. The Freshwater Education District (FED) office is located in Wadena, MN in a new approximately 30,000 square foot facility which also includes a separate school site for students with behavior needs. FED also has 5 other ALC/office sites.
The Director/Superintendent would oversee 100+ contracted employees along with an administrative team including a special education director, part time assistant director, various program specialists and lead teachers.
- A superintendent license, an additional special education director license is preferred.
- Effective communication with the school board, superintendents of the member districts, and Freshwater staff.
- Experience with school finance, including special education finance.
Application should be completed on the Frontline system at the following website: https://www.applitrack.com/njpa/onlineapp/ with the following items: Letter of interest, resume, licensure, 3 letters of recommendation.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.