Hermantown Community Schools
The Hermantown Community Schools main office is in Hermantown, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of approximately 2,126 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
The School Board of Hermantown Community Schools seeks an experienced school administrator with proven leadership skills and abilities — someone who has the vision and desire to work with the staff and School Board to implement the school district’s strategic plan. The School Board is committed to finding a candidate who:
- Has the ability to develop and direct an effective leadership team
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner in dealings with the School Board, staff, and community
- Delegates authority while maintaining accountability
- Has a record of visibility in the School District and accessibility to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Is a people person with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Values collaboration and can effectively mediate and accommodate different perspectives
Follows the educational philosophy established by the School Board, and which reflects the values of the community.
January 20, 2020
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://www.applitrack.com/msba/onlineapp/
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at www.applitrack.com/msba/onlineapp. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on January 20, 2020, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Hermantown Community Schools” superintendent; legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Sandy Gundlach, MSBA Director of School Board Services
1900 West Jefferson Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082
Sandy Gundlach: 507-469-9728 or Barb Dorn: 800-324-4459, ext. 121
Terry Quist: [email protected]mnmsba.org or Barb Dorn: [email protected]
The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2019-2020 school year is $130,840. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
District Application Guidelines
To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on January 20. The orange button below will redirect you to apply.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.