Website Hiawatha Valley Education District #6013
This position is full-time with a full benefit package that provides data entry support to the School Psychologists, clerical support to the SPECTRUM Program and other data entry and clerical support needed for other HVED programs or Cabinet needs.
Basic Work Year: The Program Assistant’s duty year shall be for 240 days for July 1st-June 30th.
Reports to: Special Education Director
This position requires an individual who has above-average abilities in the following areas:
· Multi-tasking and proven organizational skills
· Problem solving
· Attention to detail and data entry accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability working with a variety of individuals
· Good judgment and discretion
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and ability to adapt to new technologies/software
· Strong verbal/written communication skills
· Ability to take direction and work successfully independently or as a team member
· Ability to make decisions when necessary and knowledge of when to refer decisions that need administrative approval
· Prior office experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative support to the School Psychologist, to include, but not limited to the following:
a. Data entry for School Psychologist student evaluations.
b. Travel to member districts to assist virtual school psychologists
c. Managing the school psychologist online platform accounts
d. Provide data entry and clerical support to school psychologists as needed.
2. Provide support to Data Management/School Improvement Coordinator, to include, but not limited to the following:
a. Management of district and school accounts
b. Updates to student and school accounts
c. Communication with district personnel
d. Assist with data entry
3. Provide administrative support to the SPECTRUM Program to include, but not limited to the following:
a. Provide clerical support to the SPECTRUM Program as needed.
b. Act as a backup paraprofessional for breaks and lunches (when trained) during the student day when needed
c. Onsite at the SPECTRUM program – average three days per week, or as needed.
d. in CPI for use as needed.
4. Provide administrative support to other HVED programs to include, but not limited to the following:
a. Scan paper documents for electronic documents storage.
b. Approve paraprofessionals timesheets in TimeClock+
c. Assists staff with HelloSign electronic signature system
d. Assist with approving Company Mileage for staff that travel.
5. Secondary responsibilities may include substitute transportation driver as needed within the programs.
6. Other duties as assigned.
The Program Assistant position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.