Website Hudson School District (WI) #2611
To enable the District to provide quality education for all students in the District. This position will be part of a team that teaches Family and Consumer Science courses such as Culinary Arts, Applied Design, Children and Families, Food Science and Consumer Education and Careers. The Hudson High School Culinary Arts Program develops high-level skills and competencies demanded in the food service industry. Our state of the art kitchen and cafe will further our students culinary skills while developing industry-specific business, managerial, and leadership skills to expand our students career prospects beyond the kitchen. Teachers will be supported by a highly functioning department and team.
Professional Skills – The teacher is expected to establish procedures of management to allow a maximum of learning and a minimum of disciplinary action by:
1. Planning and organizing effectively.
2. Demonstrating competency in his/her area.
3. Creating and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning.
4. Providing opportunities for individual differences.
5. Making provisions for individual differences.
6. Encouraging the development of independent work habits.
7. Using appropriate language for students to model.
8. Using varied and appropriate instructional techniques to accomplish predetermined instructional objectives.
Professional Relationships: The teacher is expected to establish and maintain a professional relationship with students by:
1. Encouraging respect for the rights, opinions, property, and contributions of others.
2. Being sensitive to factors which affect pupil achievement and behavior.
3. Being available for extra help.
4. Using methods of management that result in desired changes in behavior.
5. Communicating and maintaining a working relationship with parents.
6. Maintaining confidentiality with respect to students and their records.
7. Refraining from personal criticism of staff to students.
8. Avoiding use of position for commercial gain.
The teacher is expected to establish and maintain a professional relationship with fellow staff members by:
9. Cooperating with other staff members.
10. Consulting with co-workers in evaluating and meeting student needs.
11. Leaving clear and complete instructions for substitutes.
12. Following curriculum and policies approved by the Board.
13. Cooperating in evaluation of present curriculum.
14. Recommending possible revision of curriculum.
15. Being proficient or distinguished in all areas listed on the Teacher Performance Evaluation.
16. Communicating professionally and respectfully with students, staff, parents, and community members, using oral, written, and electronic means.
17. Attending work regularly.
18. Performing other duties as assigned.
Professional Development: The teacher is expected to demonstrate professional development by:
1. Participating actively in inservice programs.
2. Keeping abreast of professional developments in his/her particular area and in education as a whole.
3. Exploring new teaching techniques as alternatives to better accomplish predetermined instructional objectives.
1. Wisconsin DPI license commensurate with the specific teaching assignment.
2. Prefer experience as a teacher at the level and in the area of assignment.
This work regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, speaking, hearing and occasionally requires pushing, pulling, lifting, and operating machines; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. school offices/classrooms/passageways).
District Application Guidelines
All applicants must apply using the WECAN system. Please visit the following link for additional information:
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.