Website Hudson School District (WI) #2611
The Prevention Specialist Program functions at all grade levels across the District to coordinate and enhance Alcohol Tobacco Other Drug Abuse (ATODA) prevention and intervention, a comprehensive curriculum, staff development, and to establish community collaborations.
A. Service to Students
1. Performs casework management for the individual student with the objective of improvement of personal, social, and emotional adjustment.
2. Specifically addresses student issues surrounding alcohol/drug abuse and other at-risk conditions.
3. Coordinates alcohol and other drug abuse, screening, referral, interventions, and aftercare for students with alcohol and other drug abuse concerns.
4. Provides individual and group counseling as needed.
5. Assembles and utilizes relevant data on student behaviors for effective student programming.
6. Communicates with other schools and outside agencies regarding student concerns.
7. Develops and assists with facilitation of an appropriate range of school based support groups.
8. Recommends and/or implements behavioral change strategies with individuals or groups of students regarding alcohol and other drug.
B. Prevention and Intervention
1. Communicates and works cooperatively with administrators to promote a positive learning environment.
2. Collaborates, consults with, and serves as a member of the Student Services Network Team and Student Support Team.
3. Provides student/parent information and assistance regarding alcohol and drug resources.
4. Collaborates on behalf of the District with human service and community agencies.
5. Promotes and conducts alcohol and other drug related awareness activities in the classroom, district, and community.
6. Makes referrals to and coordinates services with appropriate resource persons in the District and community.
7. Recommends and/or implements behavioral change strategies with individuals or groups of students regarding alcohol and other drug.
8. Communicates awareness information to families, students, community, and District.
C. Coordination of Programs
1. Acts as a consultant for the development, implementation, and evaluation of ATODA, health, and other risk behavior curriculum K-12.
2. Coordinates staff development on appropriate ATODA and related youth risk behavior topics.
3. Assists with development and implementation of District polices and procedures which support a comprehensive alcohol and other drug abuse program.
4. Administers the District’s Title IV Safe and Drug Free Schools funding.
5. Identifies, composes, and distributes appropriate sources of funding for District efforts.
6. Coordinates, administers, and presents District assessment data on alcohol and other drug, risk behaviors, and other information pertaining to the ATODA program.
7. Maintains and updates a list of community resources.
8. Works within the community to help develop and support collaborative prevention models.
D. Service to Families and Community
1. Performs casework service with families as an integral component for helping students with alcohol and other drug concerns.
2. Coordinates and provides parent support activities for families in crisis and for families in need of resources and support.
3. Conducts home visits as needed.
4. Acts as family resource for referrals to outside agencies.
E. Interpersonal Relationships
1. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with students.
2. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with education staff.
3. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with parents and other significant people.
4. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with community organizations, representatives, and outside agency personnel.
1. Attends conferences and meetings to keep updated in areas of responsibility.
2. Participates in various community, county, and state activities when available and appropriate.
3. Maintains association with local and state organizations for Prevention Specialists.
4. Represents the District on relevant interagency committees and projects.
5. Promotes and provides conditions of confidentiality that relate to privileged information.
6. Follows the policies and procedures of the District.
7. Demonstrates a sense of professional responsibility and continuous improvement efforts.
8. Assumes agreed upon professionally appropriate responsibilities as they relate to the school.
1. Wisconsin DPI license commensurate with the specific teaching assignment.
2. Prefer experience as a teacher at the level and in the area of assignment.
EVALUATION: Conducted by Building Principal or Associate Principal as per the Hudson School District Board of Education Policy.
This work regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, speaking, hearing and occasionally requires pushing, pulling, lifting, and operating machines; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. school offices/classrooms/passageways).
District Application Guidelines
All applicants must apply using the WECAN system. Please visit the following link for additional information:
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.