Website International Spanish Language Academy #4167
ISLA (Int'l Spanish Language Academy)
We are actively seeking a qualified Pre-K Director who will oversee the daily operations and administration of the ISLA Pre-K program. The candidate will be experienced in the field of Early Childhood Development and Lead Management of the program. The Pre-K Director’s responsibilities include the recruitment of staff, recruitment of students, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal communication and communication skills as well as a love for children. You should uphold the mission and vision of the International Spanish Language Academy with pride, and ensure that the program meets the relevant standards set by the state. Ultimately, a top-notch Pre-K Director will determine the needs of the program, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the ISLA Executive Director, and closely follow the strategic plan as laid out by the ISLA Board of Directors.
Pre-K Director Responsibilities:
● Oversee the daily operation of the program
● Manage faculty
● Manage creation & implementation of marketing plan
● Identify and schedule fundraising events
● Create policies and develop curricula which conform to state guidelines
● Ensure the classrooms are well maintained
● Manage financial transactions and prepare budgets
● Attain yearly enrollment goals
● Maintain the school website and social media
● Schedule training of CPR and First Aid for all members of staff
● Create open and ongoing communication opportunities with current and prospective families
● Schedule ongoing professional development for staff
● Teach/Co-teach, and substitute for teaching absences in the early years program
● Oversee the Pre-K nutrition program
Required Pre-K Director Qualifications:
● Degree in Early Childhood Education/Development or related field
● Bilingual in Spanish and English
● Exceptional business development/marketing skills
● Strong leadership and administrative skills
● Love for children and passion for teaching
● Minnesota State Teaching License
● Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years programme.
● Excellent proven communication skills (non-verbal, oral, written, and listening.)
● Good organizational skills and flexibility in relating to students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
● Must be able to work well in a team environment through cooperation and participation.
● In-depth knowledge of a Hispanic culture.
● Ability to appropriately teach children with different ability levels and learning styles.
● Ability to understand that students are individuals, and the skill to work effectively with individual strengths and needs of students.
Preferred Pre-K Director Qualifications
● Minimum of 3 years’ of classroom experience
● Minimum of 3 years’ of marketing experience
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience in some type of admin role
● Experience with Parent Aware or NAEYC accreditation or similar
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.