Website International Spanish Language Academy #4167
ISLA (Int'l Spanish Language Academy)
Educational Assistant Pre-K, Spanish Immersion
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist classroom teachers in carrying out all responsibilities associated with elementary immersion teaching assignment.
* Assist classroom teachers in conducting classroom instruction of all basic subjects in Spanish.
* Work with small groups or individual students in math and/or reading
* Assist teacher as needed
* Collaborate with grade-level team members, program specialists, program coordinator, director, and other staff regarding program implementation.
* Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends, procedures, and evaluation processes in immersion programs.
* Participate in in-service program planning and staff development activities.
* Participate in immersion and the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme training programs.
* General supervision during recess, lunch, arrival and dismissal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* The candidate, following guidelines for highly qualified staff, will hold at a minimum, an associate’s degree. (Two year degree)
* Native or near native proficiency in the Spanish language is needed.
* Functional proficiency in English is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
*Ability to relate positively to pre-K students.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the full immersion teaching philosophy.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme.
* Excellent proven communication skills (non-verbal, oral, written, and listening.)
* Good organizational skills and flexibility in relating to students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment through cooperation and participation.
* In-depth knowledge of a Hispanic culture.
* Ability to appropriately teach children with different ability levels and learning styles.
* Ability to understand that students are individuals, and the skill to work effectively with individual strengths and needs of students.
* Knowledge and ability to creatively instill the love of learning in students.
* Creatively strive to make connections with parents, other classes, community and beyond.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to appropriately and patiently work well with pre-k children in and outside of the classroom.
This position requires the incumbent to work mainly in a classroom setting as well as supervise recess. However, incumbent may be required to attend field trips outside of the school. Incumbent also be required to supervise and work with the children in the lunchroom or other areas.
This position also requires other duties and responsibilities as needed that may not be included in this job description.
This position follows the school calendar and attendance is required only when students are present at school.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.