Website Mahtomedi Public Schools #832
Associate Principal-Middle School
This position is 11 months and offers a competitive benefit + salary package
Mahtomedi Principal Contract – link
Effective: July 1st, 2023
The Mahtomedi School District hosts a 3,200 student population and is located in the northeast metropolitan area; which comprises an E-2 Elementary, 3-5 Elementary, Middle School grades 6-8, High School grades 9-12 along with a Transition program for students aged 18-21.
The mission of Mahtomedi Middle School, an authentically connected community of Zephyrs dedicated to the fearless pursuit of personal growth is to ensure all students possess the academic, social, and emotional foundation for individual success while exploring passions and enhancing their joy of learning, through a vital system distinguished by:
- A culture that fosters trusting relationships and belonging
- An inclusive community that embraces and celebrates each individual
- Exceptional learning experiences and diverse opportunities that inspire and challenge students inside and outside of the classroom
- A culture that encourages curiosity and risk-taking and recognizes failure as a part of the learning process
- A dynamic learning environment that is flexible and responsive
We are seeking a highly qualified instructional leader to provide support and guidance to all of our staff and students that aligns with our strategic plan. This position works collaboratively with the Middle School Principal as part of the administrative team. The desired person has compassion for and a deep understanding of the developmental stages of a Middle School student.
For more information about the Mahtomedi School District, please visit: Mahtomedi Annual Report
- K-12 Administrative license (or the ability to obtain through PELSB)
- Master’s degree (emphasis in Educational Leadership, Organizational Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction preferred)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop honest and trusting relationships with teachers and staff in the building to collectively reach building goals
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and partnerships with diverse student and family populations
- Demonstrates the ability to set clear expectations for staff and students and hold those expectations accountable
- Evidence of successful secondary school administrative experience preferred
- Minimum five years’ teaching experience at the secondary level
Deadline to apply: TBD
Please include a detailed resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation for consideration.
For confidential inquiries about this excellent opportunity, please contact Nicole Flesner, Director of Human Resources at 651-407-2005.
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.