Website Mahtomedi Public Schools #832
Position is full-time, for the 2023-2024 school year and part of the teacher bargaining unit and based at Wildwood Elementary. Salary and benefits part of Master Agreement
Must have a valid MN K-12 Media Specialist teaching license or able to obtain the appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
Summary: The Media Specialist provides the leadership and expertise necessary to develop, implement and maintain an information media program that is equitable for all and reflects the mission, goals, and vision of the school and district. The Media Specialist provides:
- technology and information literacy skills instruction based on state and national standards
- collaborates and consults with staff for the purpose of integrating technology and information literacy skills into subject matter instruction
- administers media center operations, programming and resources
- Appropriate licensure
- Previous teaching experience in a media specialist role preferred
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, families and students
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Works with all students to locate and effectively and ethically use 21st century tools and informational resources to support their personalized learning
- Enrich and support classroom instruction by assisting teachers in the integration of media and technological hardware and software into district curriculum and classroom lesson plans
- Maintains current and in-depth knowledge of research and best practices in all aspects of the library media field that affect student learning and school and district policies and programs
- Directs all activities related to the management of the library media program, including acquisition, maintenance, circulation, inventory, and use of print and electronic resources and equipment
- Participates in setting the district’s vision and strategic plan for digital learning and fosters a culture of collaboration and innovation to empower teachers and learners
- Foster a community where all people are valued, respected, seen and heard
- Inspire robust academics, critical and creative thinking and continuous personal growth
- Create world-class learning experiences that integrate multiple perspectives
- Attend department, school and parent meetings or functions
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminated against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.