Website Mahtomedi Public Schools #832
Position is full-time, part of the teacher bargaining unit.
Salary and benefits part of Master Agreement
Must have a valid MN teaching license or able to obtain the appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
- Licensure in gifted education preferred
- Previous experience coordinating Advanced Academics (gifted and talented) programming preferred
- Cluster teaching experience preferred
- Must have high degree knowledge of characteristics of advanced learners and best practices in assessment of and programming for children with a readiness for advanced academics (gifted)
- Minimum of five years successful classroom experience
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues, community and students to achieve district, building and student goals
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents and staff to meet educational goals
- Maintain a culture of collaboration, collective inquiry and evidence-decision making for continuous improvement
- Coordinate and lead the Advanced Academics (gifted and talented) programming
- Plan, develop and support teachers with appropriate lessons to ensure the achievement of student growth
- Facilitate the identification process through formal and informal assessments and use data to formally identify students who meet the criteria “readiness for advance academics” designation (gifted)
- Support the implementation of the District’s strategic plan
- Plan and lead events to provide support for all identified learners
- Provide leadership to the Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders about Advanced Academics (gifted and talented) programming
- Communicate with students, parents and staff on regular basis on student progress
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Provide professional learning opportunities and coaching of teachers in meeting the needs of advanced learners.
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Attend department, school and parent meetings or functions
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.