Website Mahtomedi Public Schools #832
Position is full-time, part of the teacher bargaining unit and based at O.H Anderson Elementary. Salary and benefits are part of the Teacher Master Agreement.
Bachelor’s degree; Special Education ASD teaching license or able to obtain appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board
Ability to teach students with significant needs in the areas of social, emotional, adaptive and/or academic development utilizing a progression of interventions.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to create a highly structured environment that provides direct instruction to a variety of learning needs within the same environment while supporting behavioral skills with proactive behavior management interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the needs of assigned students with disabilities through formal and informal assessments
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate lessons to ensure the achievement of student growth
- Communicate with students, parents and staff on a regular basis on student progress
- Write IEP’s (Individual Educational Plans) and Due Process reports in accordance to MDE regulations
- Foster a community where all people are valued, respected, seen and heard
- Inspire robust academics, critical and creative thinking and continuous personal growth
- Create world-class learning experiences that integrate multiple perspectives
- Attend department, school and parent meetings
- Provide program guidance to paraprofessionals
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.