Website Mahtomedi Public Schools #832
Position is full-time, part of the teacher bargaining unit and based at the Mahtomedi High School.
Minimum bachelor’s degree; Special Education LD or ABS teaching license or able to obtain appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
Must have strong communication skills and previous experience preferred working with IEP goals and experience with secondary level students preferred.
Ability to meet critical deadlines and complete appropriate paperwork to meet compliance goals and standards.
Must have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration and parents to meet educational goals.
- Responsible for providing an educational environment that will help students with disabilities in learning and fulfill their growth potential
- Duties and Responsibilities:Identify the needs of assigned students with disabilities through formal and informal assessments
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate lessons to ensure the achievement of student growth
Communicate with students, parents and staff on a regular basis on student progress
- Write IEP’s (Individual Educational Plans) and Due Process reports in accordance to MDE regulations
- Lead and facilitate IEP meetings
- Create and implement behavior intervention plans
- Attend department, school and parent meetings
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Salary and benefits part of 2021-2023 Teacher Master Agreement
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.