Meeker & Wright Special Education Cooperative #0938
Date Posted: May 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled
Position Title: Special Education Coordinator
Assignment Location: Litchfield
Hours per Day: 8
Schedule: 210 day contract as assigned
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2022
Salary: Placement per the Special Education Cooperative Coordinator Group contract, based on applicable experience
Other compensation: Mileage reimbursement based on current IRS standard business mileage rate
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Special Education Coordinator represents a broad grouping of various positions responsible for providing leadership, coordination and facilitating special education services and programs with assigning member district(s) and or MAWSECO program(s). Representative duties include: monitoring and ensuring compliance with special education due process procedures/laws/requirements and paperwork of staff or member district administrator(s), coordinates staff development, facilitates special education transportation, participates in IEP meetings, makes recommendations on budgetary needs/requirements and staffing allocations/needs, serves as a resources and liaison between member district(s) or program(s) and MAWSECO, assists in the design and implementation of curriculum, instructional methodology, programming and facility needs.
- Requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Special Education or closely related field and at least 4 years in the areas of special education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires State of MN Director of Special Education Licensure.
- Requires a valid MN driver’s license without restrictions.
- Other essential knowledge required to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Laws, rules, statutes and guidelines related to special education programming and requirements.
- Instructional and intervention strategies, concepts, principles, methods, best practices and trends dealing with issues of child development, special education and instructional methods and resources.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution strategies and behavioral interventions.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules, regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of resources, service alternatives and options available to children with special needs.
- Fundamentals of management and supervisory principles, standards and practices.
MAWSECO is an agency of seven-member school districts (Annandale, Dassel-Cokato, Delano, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, Litchfield, Maple Lake and Rockford) that have joined together to provide services in the area of special education. The mission of the Cooperative is to provide quality special education leadership, services, and support to its seven-member school districts’ staff, students and families as well as other agencies/districts that purchase its services. The MAWSECO central office is located in Howard Lake, MN which is west of the metro and south of St. Cloud.
HOW TO APPLY:
Meeker and Wright Special Ed Coop #938 utilizes an online application system. Please visit the site to apply: https://www.applitrack.com/mawseco/OnlineApp/
If you have questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact Heidi Hennen (320) 543-1122 ext: 2105 or email at: [email protected]
Contact Melissa Hanson, Executive Director phone (320) 543-1122 or email at: [email protected]
MAWSECO is an equal opportunity employer
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.