Website Meeker/Wright Special Ed Coop
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for assisting in assessing and identifying students with special needs according to Minnesota eligibility criteria. The Special Education Teacher plans for providing input, development and implementation of individualized education programs and instruction in academic and behavioral areas in collaboration with other educational professionals, parents and administrators. Depending upon assignment and license, Special Education Teachers provide specialized instruction in addressing student needs and learning.
Cornerstones is a therapeutic setting IV, multi-school district program located at the Wright Technical Center in Buffalo, MN and managed by MAWSECO. This program serves adolescents, grades 7-12 with emotional and behavioral needs that cannot be met within their home school district. The primary goal of the program is to provide educational support along with social skills training to acquire skills necessary to become independent learners in order to return to their home district as soon as possible.
MAWSECO is an agency of seven-member school districts (Annandale, Dassel-Cokato, Delano, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, Litchfield, Maple Lake and Rockford) that have joined together to provide services in the area of special education. The mission of the Cooperative is to provide quality special education leadership, services, and support to its seven-member school districts’ staff, students and families as well as other agencies/districts that purchase its services. The MAWSECO central office is located in Howard Lake, MN which is west of the metro and south of St. Cloud.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Special Education.
- Current State of MN Teacher License.
- EBD Licensure is preferred
Placement per the Teacher Contract, based on education and experience.
District Application Guidelines
Meeker and Wright Special Ed Coop #938 utilizes an online application system. Please visit the site to apply: https://www.applitrack.com/mawseco/OnlineApp/
If you have questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact Elizabeth Sullivan (612) 417-6491 or email at: [email protected]
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.