Meeker & Wright Special Education Cooperative #0938
Date Posted: May 27, 2022
Position Title: Special Education Due Process Specialist, 1.0 FTE
Assignment Location: MAWSECO Programs including Village Ranch Alternative Program, Cokato, MN, and Cornerstones, and Eastern Wright Programs located in Buffalo, MN
Hours per Day: 8.0
Schedule: 182 day contract per school calendar
Anticipated Start Date: August 15, 2022
Salary: Placement per the teacher contract, based on education and experience
The Special Education Due Process Specialist works collaboratively with the special education staff at several locations to facilitate the development of evaluations, individualized education plans, and other due process paperwork that meet state and federal special education rules and regulations. The Due Process Specialist conducts evaluations/reevaluations and assists in the planning, assessing, developing, monitoring and implementing of special education due process procedures in MAWSECO programs. Travel is required. Valid driver’s license required.
ABOUT VILLAGE RANCH:
Village Ranch Alternative Program (VRAP) is located in Cokato, MN and is an educational facility on the grounds of the Village Ranch, Inc. group home. The educational program provides a flexible, safe environment in which students can experience educational success. Students attending VRAP range from 12-18 years of age and some have pre-identified disabilities in the area of Emotional Behavioral Disorders (EBD) or Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD), or have other learning difficulties. VRAP’s goal is to transition students with academic, behavioral and/or emotional difficulties to successful integration into mainstream educational and/or work opportunities.
Cornerstones is a therapeutic setting IV, multi-school district program located at the Wright Technical Center in Buffalo, MN and managed by MAWSECO. This program serves adolescents, grades 7-12 with EBD needs that cannot be met within their home school district. Students coming to Cornerstones are first assessed by the Nystrom and Associates staff to determine the level of services needed. Nystrom and Associates staff develop a treatment plan for Cornerstones school and mental health services and social skills training provided by Nystrom and Associates. Nystrom and Associates services are provided during the school day, but are not part of school programming.
MAWSECO is an agency of seven-member school districts (Annandale, Dassel-Cokato, Delano, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, Litchfield, Maple Lake and Rockford) that have joined together to provide services in the area of special education. The mission of the Cooperative is to provide quality special education leadership, services, and support to its seven-member school districts’ staff, students and families as well as other agencies/districts that purchase its services. The MAWSECO central office is located in Howard Lake, MN which is west of the metro and south of St. Cloud.
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education and considerable experience in special education due process and evaluation processes; Master’s degree preferred.
- Current State of MN Teacher License in Special Education.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.