Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a PreK – 12th grade private, Christian school in the heart of Minneapolis, Minnesota with approximately 870 students. The mission is to provide a high-quality education integrating Christian faith and learning.
The CFO is responsible for executive and strategic management and oversight of Minnehaha’s physical assets and related operations, financial assets, planning and implementing growth strategies, leading the formation and implementation of financial policy, and interfacing with and support of other executive leaders on operations and financial matters. The CFO reports directly to the President, is a member of the executive management team, and is an ex-officio member of the Board Finance, Investment, and Facilities Committees.
· Lead the revenue and expense forecasting process
· Perform financial modeling for new initiatives
· Formulate risk analysis and management strategy
· Oversee capital investments and acquisitions
· Oversees overall school finances; prepares and manages school budget
· Oversees overall school internal financial controls, regulatory compliance and financial reporting
· Maintains relationships with banks, investment institutions, auditors and other external providers of financial services in managing banking and investments for the school
· Develops, recommends and oversees implementation of financial, collections, tuition-related and other business-operational policies
· Develops long-range financial planning models; monitors progress toward following those models
· Works with Board Investment Committee to manage school Endowment Fund and other managed investments
· Works with Board Finance Committee on long-range strategic financial planning
· Serves as check-signing authority as alternate to the President
· Serves as authorized signer on all school matters including financial, physical plant, vendor contracts and other documents and contracts
· Oversees operation and maintenance of all physical plant and capital assets
· Oversees all capital improvements, construction and remodeling projects and capital equipment and furnishings acquisition
· Oversees risk management, insurance, safety and security
· Oversees Custodial/Maintenance, Grounds, Food Service, Transportation, Ice Arena, School Store, Technology and School Master Calendar operations
· Oversees facility rentals
· As a member of the collaborative executive leadership team, provides overall oversight and leadership of the school
· Assists to develop and implement school policies and procedures
· Provides information to the Board, Board Executive Committee, all other Board Committees, the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church and/or other entities on a regular basis and as requested
· Attends all meetings of the Board and its Finance, Investment and Facilities Committees
· Completes annual evaluation of direct reports; makes hiring decisions for all direct reports
· Coordinates training and development of direct reports
· Performs other duties as assigned by the President
· Fully aligned with the mission and purpose of Minnehaha Academy with a commitment to serve as a strong Christian role model
· Financial and management experience including budget preparation, financial statements, fund- accounting, investment management and financial reporting of $10+ million budget
· BA degree required in related area of study; MBA or CPA preferred
· Broad-based operations and facilities management experience
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communication and management skills
· Effective team building, problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and be attentive to details
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making abilities
· Strong integrity and reliability a must
· Self-starter, self-directed
· Experience in non-profit environment preferred
· Experience in faith-based, educational organization a plus
· Treasury and investment experience a plus
· Computer proficiency with experience in PC and MAC platform computers, Microsoft Office Suite, familiar database/accounting software and/or other relevant systems experience; familiarity with Senior Systems and Financial Edge a plus
District Application Guidelines
Learn more about Minnehaha Academy and submit an online application by visiting our website at www.MinnehahaAcademy.net . If interested, please also send or fax a resume and cover page to:
Bonnie Anderson – HR Director Minnehaha Academy
3100 W. River Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55406
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.