Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America. Our mission is to provide a high-quality education integrating Christian faith and learning so students grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and others.
Minnehaha Academy has an opening for a Director of Academic Support Services, scheduled to begin in July, 2021. After the first year, this will be an 11 month position that is off the month of July. This Director will lead and be responsible for all academic support programming, personnel, and processes, which together serve students officially diagnosed with a learning disability, who struggle with one or more academic areas, and/or who may need further enrichment. This person will report to the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning.
Learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply on-line by visiting our web site at www.minnehahaacademy.net. For more information, contact:
Middle School Principal &
Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
4200 West River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55406
- A Master’s degree or higher in special education, clinical/educational psychology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of teaching experience in special education, academic intervention, or a related area; clinical or related experiences will be considered.
- Knowledge of general special education laws and procedures; best practices in academic intervention; and use of evaluation, assessment, and data for planning and decision making.
- 3+ years of program leadership or related experiences developing strategy, implementing programs and processes, and supervising a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work across multiple grade levels and schools to serve students, families, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, measure, and observe learning; collect, store, and retrieve data; and manage confidential student records.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Minnesota teaching license or commensurate license or certification.
- Ability to relate the Christian faith to learning and life
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.