Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating the Christian faith and learning.
This position is primarily responsible for managing accounts receivable (student accounts) for all students enrolled or owing money to Minnehaha Academy. This person must have knowledge of fair collection practices and the ability to communicate at all levels, developing rapport with parents, coworkers and administration. This person must be capable of handling financial and academic records with a high degree of confidentiality and ethical standards. Attention to detail and competency in database maintenance, spreadsheets, word processing and some advanced computer skills are required.
- Manage student account billing using a third-party tuition management service (currently FACTS).
- Maintain accurate student/family information in Student Accounts sub-ledger (currently FACTS).
- Coordinate finalization of payment plans to collect tuition and fees, including re-enrollment.
- Verify and apply payments, charges, discounts, and any adjustments to student accounts in Student Accounts sub-ledger.
- Monitor past due accounts, contact parents by email, letter or phone to enforce Board policy in accordance with the “Collection Practices” approved by the President.
- Negotiate special arrangements with parents having financial difficulty or who are unable to meet requirements of normal payment options and monitor compliance.
- Advise the Director of Accounting of problem accounts and report as requested on the status of delinquent accounts and bankruptcies.
- Provide quarterly and year-end reports on Student Accounts receivables.
- Determine use of professional collection services when in-house efforts have been exhausted.
- Approve sending of transcripts, semester grade reports and student record transfers.
- Hold diplomas for all graduating seniors with student account debt and review periodically for release.
- Review daily tuition deposits and post in Student Accounts subledger (currently FACTS).
- Prepare monthly journal entries for tuition payments.
- Perform account reconciliation for FACTS and CampBrain entries and advise the Director of Accounting of adjustments as well as coordinate with Directors of Summer Programs and Extended Day on best practices.
- Create and manage collection, as needed, of Payment Forms for various school activity fees.
- Enter new student and family information in Skyward.
- Act as ambassador for the IT department on Skyward and ParentSquare related issues.
- Help maintain consistent database student information across platforms (FACTS, Skyward, ParentSquare).
- Administer the student transportation reimbursement program; responsible for all compulsory reporting to school districts that require it.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply at www.MinnehahaAcademy.net.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.