Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy seeks a Director of Development to direct and coordinate all fundraising efforts. The Director will lead a team and develop a comprehensive strategy to meet the current and future needs of the School.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategically engage in relationship management and cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects.
- Manage a major gift portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
- Work with the President and the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement on the strategic development and execution of the School’s advancement efforts in the context of the annual development plan and the School’s Strategic Plan.
- Lead a team of development professionals to their highest performance through coaching and by clearly articulating goals and objectives and setting fundraising targets.
- Develop an annual work plan, including specific fundraising, prospect development and programmatic goals with an emphasis on achieving agreed-upon goals integrating annual fund, alumni relations, and events.
- Identify and prioritize prospects to set achievable annual and multi-year goals based on School priorities.
- Contribute to the development and articulation of a compelling case for support.
- Plan and execute fundraising events with the support of volunteers and development team.
- Maintain accurate and relevant records and complete reporting using Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensure development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Minimum five years fundraising experience, including major donor relations and capital campaigns.
- Ability to create, build and maintain strong relationships with donors, with proven track-record of successful solicitation results.
- Knowledge of successful fundraising strategies and programs.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coach, motivate and lead individuals and teams effectively.
- Proven persuasive communication skills; excellent reading, writing, editing and research abilities; excellent verbal communication.
- Demonstrated initiative, discipline, and ability to perform under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Google suite; and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to relate the Christian faith to learning and life.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply on our website: www.MinnehahaAcademy.net.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.