Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a PreK – 12 Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating the Christian faith and learning.
The Executive Director of Human Resources charged with strategic human capital management creates, implements and administers School policies relating to human resource activities and employee relations, and oversees employee development, compensation and benefit programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all hiring, development and termination of employees
- Manage faculty, coach and supplemental contracts, in alignment with budgets and school needs
- Prepare and monitor the annual salary and benefits administration
- Prepare annual budget for salaries and benefits
- Partner with school administrators in developing policies in accordance with the school’s mission and values
- Partner with school administrators to anticipate and plan effective professional growth and performance management strategies
- Partner with school administrators to ensure diversity goals are achieved to maintain a competitive advantage
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state, and local requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings as appropriate
- Advise management on appropriate resolution of employee relations and performance issues
- Oversee benefit administration of health, flexible spending, retirement, disability, and paid time-off programs
- Support Finance department on other employee benefits, ie: 403(b) retirement plan, compliance and audits
- Provide oversight and leadership of the school as a member of the collaborative senior leadership team
- Assist to develop and implement school policies and procedures
- Provide information to the Board and other entities as appropriate
- Support the school President as needed
- Fully aligned with the mission of Minnehaha Academy and a commitment to serve as a strong Christian role model
- BA degree required in related area of study
- Certification in human resources or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of exempt-level experience in human resources
- Experience in non-profit environment preferred
- Experience in education a plus
- Experience preparing and managing salary and benefits budgets
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communication and management skills
- Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong integrity and reliability a must
- Legal experience a plus
- Computer proficiency with relevant systems experience; familiarity with ADP Workforce Now a plus
District Application Guidelines
Learn more about Minnehaha Academy and submit an online application by visiting our website at www.MinnehahaAcademy.net.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.