Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating the Christian faith and learning.
The Lower and Middle School Title 1 Learning Specialist (Teacher) will work directly with students, staff and parents to improve student achievement by providing research-based instruction, interventions and strategies to enhance academic success for students. This role will be .5 FTE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one and small-group instruction for students identified as needing additional support in reading and math.
- Use evidence-based strategies and interventions to support student learning.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure students receive the support they need.
- Use and model culturally responsible strategies to promote learning.
- Maintain weekly data on student performance.
- Participate in data analysis to monitor student growth and adjust instruction as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled at using data collection systems and data analysis to help students
- Knowledge of research-based best practices for effective academic intervention strategies
- Training in and experience with Singapore math curriculum strongly preferred
- Ability to establish a positive and supportive relationship with teachers, students and parents
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize technology for communication, accessibility and as an instructional tool
Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree with valid MN teaching license
- Experience and/or training in working with students needing academic intervention
District Application Guidelines
You can learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply online by visiting our website at www.minnehahaacademy.net.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.