Website Minnehaha Academy
The Director of Development Operations will provide oversight for complex business processes including coordination of database and list management, portfolio assignment, prospect moves management, reporting and prospect research. This position will also provide managerial support for gift entry and acknowledgement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to support Minnehaha Academy’s vision and direction for the Development team by collaborating with the Director of Development to assess, refine, design, implement and maintain efficient and accurate business processes for improved donor interactions resulting in increased philanthropic revenue
- In coordination with the Director of Development and collaboration with other departments as required, the Director of Development Operations will oversee the establishment of best practices, policies, and procedures that will ensure consistent donor relationships and fundraising outcomes
- Direct Minnehaha Academy’s development services including research, gifts, records, and reporting
- Develop and implement practices to accurately and comprehensively track and document all donor information and activity using Raiser’s Edge NXT to provide timely donor relations through documentation of anticipated and completed actions, results of constituent contacts, recommendations/plans for follow-up work, written gift proposals and gift commitment documents
- Work closely with the Director of Development to support cultivation and stewardship of high-priority prospects and donors
- Create regular reports as required for department-wide prospect management meetings that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong project manager, capable of driving multiple work streams toward deadlines and managing changing priorities
- Ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders across an organization
- Commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Proven persuasive communication skills; excellent reading, writing, editing and research abilities; excellent verbal communication
- Graceful and poised under pressure, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative, discipline, and ability to perform under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Very strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Google Suite
- Advanced Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to relate the Christian faith to learning and life
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience and increasing responsibility in a development strategy or operations role
- Experience soliciting and closing gifts is welcomed, but not required
- Three to five years of experience working with Raiser’s Edge
$45,000 - $60,000, depending on qualifications.
District Application Guidelines
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America. Our mission is to provide a high-quality education integrating Christian faith and learning.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.