Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
Our mission is to provide a high-quality education integrating Christian faith and learning so students grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and others.
Minnehaha Academy has an opening for a Learning Specialist (Teacher) for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
The Middle School Learning Specialist (Teacher) will work directly with students, staff and parents to improve student achievement by providing research-based instruction, interventions and strategies to enhance academic success for students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one and small-group instruction for students in a variety of academic subjects
- Instruct/Mentor individuals and groups of students to strengthen academic skills including test-taking strategies, study skills, time and homework management, and techniques for communicating with teachers
- Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
- Provide testing accommodations for students
- Attend and contribute to student support team (SST) meetings
- Report regularly to parents on student progress
- Coordinate accessibility to audiobooks and assistive technology
- Develop and maintain communication and documentation protocols related to learning support (create, update, and maintain student learning plans and database as needed)
- Assist with requesting accommodations for student standardized testing in partnership with the guidance department
- Coordinate services for students with MPS IEPs
- Collaborate with counseling office to provide mental health support
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to integrate the Christian faith with instruction
- Skilled at using data collection systems and data analysis to help students
- Knowledge of research-based best practices for effective academic intervention strategies
- Ability to establish a positive and supportive relationship with teachers, students and parents
Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize technology for communication, accessibility and as an instructional tool
- Skilled in creating Individualized Learning Plans based on student needs
Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree with valid MN teaching license
- Experience and/or training in working with students needing academic intervention
- Preferred: Special Education teacher with a license in Specific Learning Disabilities.
You can learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply online by visiting our website at www.minnehahaacademy.net.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.