Website Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America.
Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating the Christian faith and learning.
Minnehaha Academy’s Middle School has a Literacy Teaching Assistant position available for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Middle School Literacy Teaching Assistant will work directly with students and teachers to improve student achievement by supporting research-based instruction, interventions and strategies to enhance academic success for students.
- Monday-Friday, student contact days and professional development days
- Hours are 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Non-exempt, hourly position, 6.5 hours of daily paid time and an unpaid 30-minute lunch break
- Hourly wage will be determined based on education and experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct student support in classrooms during literacy instruction
- Provide support to individual students or groups of students for remediation, reinforcement, or enrichment
- Work in partnership with content area teachers in delivering literacy instruction
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Middle School Learning Specialist
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of research-based best practices for effective academic intervention strategies
- Ability to establish positive and supportive relationship with teachers, students and parents
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize technology for communication, accessibility and as an instructional tool
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in education or related field (teaching licensure preferred but not required)
- Passion for working with Middle School students
- Strong communication skills; ability to work positively with both students and colleagues
- Desire to continue growing in knowledge and skills specific to Minnehaha Academy’s literacy instruction
- Help to develop plans to meet student needs, analyze student data, assist with assessments
You can learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply online by visiting our website at www.minnehahaacademy.net.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.