Website Minnetonka Public Schools
Western Metro School District
A unique and inspiring school community awaits a skillful educational leader committed to personalizing education for all students. With a Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion (school-within-a school) program, Excelsior offers exciting opportunities for a proven leader. An active parent community and highly engaged staff provide exceptional opportunities for students within a vibrant and unified learning community of approximately 752 students in grades K-5. Excelsior is one of six district elementary schools.
- Serve as a member of the District’s administrative team and actively participate in the development, implementation, and achievement of the District’s goals.
- Provide general administration of the total school program, which requires meeting the needs of all students within the building.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the implementation of approved curriculum, assessments, and instruction programs, including immersion, at the building level.
- Lead in the recruitment, selection, staff development, and evaluation of staff members at the building level.
- Develop and complete mutual commitments tied directly to the District’s goals.
- Ensure effective implementation of after-school activities, enrichment and co-curricular activities in conjunction with other District staff.
- Communicate with parents, community members, and parent organizations concerning school programs and activities.
- Develop the school budget and approve the requisitions for supplies, equipment and materials necessary for the operation of the school.
- Oversee the development of and implementation of the student discipline and student recognition programs within the school.
- Implement state and federal regulations and School Board policies related to the health and safety of all students and employees.
Applicants must qualify for or currently have a Minnesota principal license along with an excellent record of past professional performance applicable to performing all duties of the position. Successful candidates must also possess excellent communications and human relations skills in a variety of professional settings, including conflict resolution with youth and adults, small and large group facilitation skills, and demonstrated leadership skills.
We offer a regionally competitive salary and benefit package.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.