Website Minnetonka Public Schools
Western Metro School District
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate native or near native fluency in Spanish. (we require an “Advanced” rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines).
2. Demonstrate English Language proficiency to allow communication with parents.
3. Demonstrate successful experience in Total Physical Response (TPR) methodology for teaching in an immersion program.
4. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
5. Translate lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
6. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
7. Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records in a timely fashion prepare progress reports.
8. Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals and develop strategies for individual education plans.
9. Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
10. Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
11. Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, PLC’s, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
12. Integration of technology into instruction.
13. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Minnesota K-6 or 1-6 Elementary Education Teaching License (K required for kindergarten positions) or must qualify for a Minnesota teaching license.
2. Native or near native fluency in Spanish. (we use the InterviewIQ language assessment tool and require an "Advanced" rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines).
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated successful experience in an immersion program preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
3. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
4. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
5. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
6. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
7. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Full time salary dependent upon educational background and previous work history.
Full time benefits (medical, dental, life insurances along with long term disability.)
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online at www.minnetonkaschools.org and upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.