Website Minnetonka Public Schools
Western Metro School District
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
2. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
3. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
4. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records in a timely fashion prepares progress reports.
5. Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
6. Maintains a professional day, as defined by building/and contract.
7. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
8. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
9. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
10. Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
11. Integration of technology into instruction.
12. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Provide instruction in Spanish Language Arts and Literature in an immersion setting.
2. Teaching schedule may include a combination of Spanish Immersion and traditional Spanish world language courses.
3. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
4. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
5. Respond in emergency situations.
6. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
7. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
8. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
1. Minnesota 7-12/5-12/K-12 Spanish Teaching License or must qualify for a Minnesota teaching license.
2. Native of near native fluency in Spanish. (we use the InterviewIQ language assessment tool and require and "Advanced" rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines.)
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Native Spanish speaker preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
3. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
4. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
5. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
6. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
7. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Salary depends on qualifications.
This position is benefit eligible.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online at www.minnetonkaschools.org and upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.