Website Mounds View Public Schools #621
- Develops short-term and long-term financial goals for the district, regular financial forecasts, and other financial reports for internal and external use by the District.
- Directs, plans and coordinates the District’s budget planning, development and implementation process.
- Develops and monitors the District’s cash flow, debt management, long-term capital planning/management, financial forecasts, student accounting and student enrollment projections and board policies.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct the District’s decentralized purchasing, contracting, risk management, and related functions
- Provides strategic leadership through integrated practices for the finance and other operational departments
- Provides technical financial advice and counsel to directors, managers, superintendent and school board on all financial matters
- Oversees the essential business/finance department functions including accounting, student enrollment, payroll, purchasing, as well as the following operational departments: transportation, food service, and maintenance.
- Cost negotiation packages for the district for negotiated bargaining groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and eight to ten years accounting and finance experience.
- Experience with Minnesota school district funding is strongly desired in a similar position.
- Knowledge of budget control and revenue projections, governmental accounting standards board (GASB) preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports, forecasts and recommendations using spreadsheets.
- Ability to keep informed of and comply with federal, state, local and district regulation and policies concerning school business affairs.
- Ability to lead and train personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations.
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive accounting reports.
Mounds View Public Schools offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package. The salary range is $160,000-180,000 dependent on qualifications.
District Application Guidelines
To apply online please visit:
Click on "Administration". This job will remain open until filled and is available ASAP.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.