Website Mounds View Public Schools
Located approximately nine miles north of the downtown areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Mounds View Public Schools (District 621) provides instructional services for children and adult learners who live in the cities of Arden Hills, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, Shoreview and Vadnais Heights.
Mounds View is among the largest districts in Minnesota. With two kindergarten centers, six elementary schools, three middle schools and two high schools, the District serves more than 11,500 students and employs more than 1,700 staff.
- Master's degree and hold a proper and valid administrative licensure from the Minnesota State Department Education.
- Previous elementary principal experience strongly desired.
- Thorough knowledge, and practical understanding of, instructional methods, learning theories and their implementation, the principles of educational administration and school-based shared decision making.
- Thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of equity and cultural competency as it relates to an inclusive educational environment and student learning.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting education.
- Considerable knowledge of strategic planning and organizational goal setting.
- Highly proficient communication skills.
- Considerable skill in team development and leadership.
- Considerable skill as a systems thinker.
- Considerable ability to interact effectively with students, parents, community members, school staff, district administration and other district staff.
- Considerable ability to implement a culturally competent, inclusive and positive learning environment.
- Considerable ability as an instructional leader.
- Considerable ability to manage, coach and develop staff.
- Considerable ability to establish and manage a budget.
- Considerable ability to implement laws, policies and contract provisions consistent with their intent.
Mounds View offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package. 2022-23 salary range is $149, 761 - $157,076.
District Application Guidelines
Apply online via Mounds View's Online Application link
This position will remain posted until filled. Interviews to begin in early June.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.