Position: Office Coordinator (Grade VI)
Location: John Glenn Middle School
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 hrs/day, 12 month
- General office duties including email and phone correspondence, greeting visitors, calendar management and reminders, filing, data-entry, ordering supplies, etc.
- Serve as the first line of communication and problem resolution for students, parents, staff, and administrators.
- Route and/or delegate calls/individuals to other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records related to budgets, attendance, census, grades, accounting, inventory, students, etc.
- Meet regularly with the building principal to provide them with budget-related updates.
- Prepare and process personnel and payroll-related forms and timesheets
- Initiate building job posting requisition process
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, newsletters, and other staff/student/parent documents
- Organize and prepare information and materials for substitute staff
- Create and prepare reports
- Develop building calendar of events and coordinate building-specific events (including related transportation needs)
- Collect funds for various events and organizations (i.e. United Way, Food Shelf, Staff Appreciation, etc.)
- Coordinate office equipment repairs as needed
- Distribute U.S. and inter-school mail
- Respond to emergencies in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality with student, parent, and staffing-related information
- Train and assist other office staff as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent (48 college semester credits or two years experience)
- Minimum of three years of relevant clerical experience
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, database, budgeting, and spreadsheet programs
- Experience working with budgets and utilizing bookkeeping/accounting skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in organization, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with the ability to function with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with purchasing procedures
- Communications experience such as newsletter publication and working with graphics
- Vendor relations experience
Pay: Starting pay is $19.57 - $21.95 per hour dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Benefits available per the clerical labor agreement which can be found online at: https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
District Application Guidelines
Please apply at www.isd622.org/employment.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.