Website New London-Spicer Schools
Middle School/High School Teacher- Band/Music
1 FTE- Middle School and High School
General Definition of Work
Performs intermediate professional work providing a broad range of teaching services, assisting students to develop skills,
attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for future learning in accordance with each student’s ability, assessing
achievements and communicating those to District officials and parents, and related work as apparent or assigned.
Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal of grades 5-8th and 9th-12th.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Prepares and plans lessons using technology and other tools which will meet Common Core Standards.
* Instructs large groups, small groups, and individuals enlisting various teaching techniques; observes students in
academic, behavioral, and social settings; evaluates their needs and responds accordingly; communicates this
information to parents, staff, and required professionals.
* Establishes behavior plans and manages student behaviors in order to maintain a safe and productive learning
* Attends staff and committee meetings as required.
* Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, maintains appropriate records, prepares progress reports, and report
cards; submits all documents in a timely manner; attends Parent/Teacher Conferences.
* Maintains professional competence through attendance at workshops and sessions designed to fulfill Continuing
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of District curriculums and Minnesota State Standards; comprehensive knowledge of curriculum tools, communication software, and Infinite Campus; thorough knowledge of assessment reports and MCA testing; general knowledge of academic reports, timed reading, and fluency assessments; thorough knowledge of standard office equipment and software to include iPads, Chromebooks, and other technology tools; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages; ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, students, parents, and elected officials.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in elementary education, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing,
frequently requires standing and using hands to handle or feel and occasionally requires walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, using of measuring devices and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment and exposure to bodily fluids; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Minnesota Teaching License Upon Hire
125 Continuing Education Units Every five Years
Per union mastser agreement.
District Application Guidelines
Please select HERE to be directed to our Online Application Program. Thank you for your interest in New London-Spicer Schools.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.