Website New Ulm Public Schools
Family and Consumer Science (FACS)
The certified teacher develops lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction, evaluates, and assesses both instructional material and student performance. The teacher interprets student progress and communicates regularly with parents about student strengths, weaknesses, and/or programs. The teacher is a member of an interdisciplinary team and works collaboratively with colleagues to make decisions about team programming and supporting students through intervention and enrichment.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for discipline and a desire to work with students of all levels and abilities. A variety of elective courses will be taught centering on child development, cooking, sewing, and interior design. An engaging instructor will have the discretion to tailor classes to inspire broader participation in the FACs courses as an elective department.
MN Teaching license in (5-12 FACs/7-12 Home Economics), or the ability to obtain is preferred
Dependent on experience; per Master Teacher Agreement
Benefit package available
District Application Guidelines
To apply as an EXTERNAL applicant:
1. Go to the school website at www.newulm.k12.mn.us
2. Click on the District box at top of the page
3. Click on the Employment tab on the right-hand side
4. Complete the page with your information, click next, and submit.
A resume, credentials, transcripts, and a copy of your teaching license are required to be attached to your online application.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.