To create an educational program, classroom and building environment that is Multicultural/Gender/Ability Fair, is favorable to learning and growth, and is based on a commitment that all children can learn.
· A valid Minnesota teaching license, certificate, or other legal credentials required for level of assignment.
· Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education is desirable
· Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
· Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, and as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective
· Data driven
· Acquires knowledge of the school’s academic programs and expectations/goals; works to support and achieve those goals
· Establishes developmentally appropriate instructional and behavioral expectations for self and students; communicates them to students and their families
· Creates lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as Multicultural/Gender/Ability Fair; selects, adapts and individualizes materials appropriate for diverse student populations and skills
· Teaches students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving
· Collaborates and communicates regularly with families in making educational decisions and uses family and community resources to support learning
· Assesses student developmental, cognitive, and social needs, and provides developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs
· Regularly assesses student learning by using multiple forms of assessment
· Facilitates positive interactions between students and teacher, student and peers, and student and other adults
· Models learning and behaviors consistent with the expectations for students
· Assesses own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP)
· Participates in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development
· Collaborates with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students
· Participates in site-based management and shared decision-making
· Always keeps the students’ needs and rights first and foremost in any educational decision-making
· Demonstrates competence in the school’s standards of effective instruction
· Tracks student attendance and maintains records for school administration and records behavior problems and discipline actions
· Has a working knowledge of and implements the Minnesota State Standards
· Participates in all school/family events beyond the school day
· Develops guidelines for safety and the school day classroom behavior; ensures students follow them
· Organizes desks, bulletin boards, classroom materials, computer stations and other classroom displays as directed by the senior administration
· Teaches subjects to students, tracks assignments, grades tests, and assigns homework regularly
· Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
· Participates in all staff development as scheduled
· Maintains consistencies in instructional programs and other academic decisions made by shared leadership of the staff and the senior administration
· Follows other duties as assigned by the senior administration
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Assists the senior administration with marketing the school through the use of banners, flyers, brochures, signs, fundraising events, etc. as needed
· Ability and willingness to keep records and office space organized and easily accessible
· Considerable ability to follow through in a timely manner
· Considerable knowledge of and ability to perform classroom management skills, practices and relationship building
· Considerable skills in teaching others to safely operate office machines and equipment
· Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to members of the public, the community, the staff, the students, and the administration
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of personality types and dispositions in numerous circumstances while maintaining a controlled, tactful, respectful, professional manner
· Excellent team player skills with positive attitude
· Ability to maintain a calm presence in an emergency
· Ability to think clearly in any situation, determine priorities, and handle multiple tasks
· Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly
· Willingness to show initiative in problem solving and team goal achievements
Please note that all employees are expected to understand their role as stated herein and understand that this list is not inclusive. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks assigned by the senior administration that are not part of their job descriptions. Responsibilities are subject to change with or without notice.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.
District Application Guidelines
Apply on Noble Academy's website www.nobleacademy.us and under quick links click on Career Opportunities or click here
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.