To assist students of all diverse backgrounds with academic learning by providing strategic services that identify and address potential mental health issues. Working with parents/guardians, teachers, school administrators, and community based resources, the school social worker implements strategies that promote a positive educational process for all students.
· Valid MN credential authorizing pupil personnel services as a school social worker (K-12).
· Masters degree in counseling or social work or related field such as psychology.
· Evidence in-depth knowledge of special education programs
· In-depth experience working with individuals with exceptional needs
· Provides psycho-social assessment and diagnosis of behavioral disabilities with recommendations and/or environmental manipulations at the school, home and/or in the community with periodic reevaluations
· Identifies and assess academic problems through analysis of factors impinging on student adjustment
· Serves as a liaison between families and the school to positively promote collaborative processes in educational planning for students by encouraging parent/guardian participation in the school setting
· Determines and implements appropriate therapeutic strategies to effect changes in behavioral-social interactions of students with potential mental health issues
· Provides individual and group therapeutic counseling to students and their families
· Develop interventions for promoting students’ academic success
· Provides social work case management for students with mental health issues
· Serves as liaison with community agencies and assists in fostering communication between schools, parents/guardians, and community leaders
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Understanding of the early onset of mental health signs and/or symptoms
· Knowledge of current state law/regulations regarding school proficiency standards
· Leadership skills in working with individuals and groups
· Ability to counsel students, parents, staff and lay persons individually and in groups
· Skills in conducting effective meetings and conferences
· Skills in socio-environmental analysis and diagnosis on problem students
· Knowledge of community resources
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of personality types and dispositions in numerous circumstances while maintaining a controlled, tactful, respectful, professional manner
· Excellent team player skills with positive attitude
· Ability to think clearly in any situation, determine priorities, and handle multiple tasks
· Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly
Please note that all employees are expected to understand their role as stated herein and understand that this list is not inclusive. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks assigned by the senior administration that are not part of their job descriptions. Responsibilities are subject to change with or without notice.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.
District Application Guidelines
Apply on Noble Academy's website www.nobleacademy.us and under quick links click on Career Opportunities or click here
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.