Website Northeast Metro 916 Intermediate School District
Partners in Education
Nature of Work:
Incumbents are responsible for providing standard medical care to students. Responsibilities may include: obtaining and maintaining records; administering insulin, cough medicine, Tylenol, or related medication; and assessing standard symptoms such as headaches, the flu, and similar issues.
Typical Class Responsibilities:
– In accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, performs medical care screenings of students as directed by the School Nurse; assesses the student’s symptoms, illness, or injury; communicates assessment findings, recommended treatment protocols, and/or referral recommendations; and may implement approved treatment plans.
– Administers medications to students in accordance with guidelines; provides diabetic glucose monitoring and insulin administration; performs or assists students with the application/use of medical related equipment.
– Prepares and maintains accurate and detailed records of services rendered, case histories of treatment, and medication inventories; disseminates information to appropriate persons; updates medical records; completes third party reimbursement documentation; ensures compliance with applicable protocols and regulatory requirements.
– Communicates with student guardians and staff pertaining to student health related needs.
– Performs ongoing inventory counts of medications and supplies; and restocks and orders supplies.
– Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Training and Experience Requirements:
Associate degree or technical certificate in nursing; 1 year of experience in healthcare; CPR certified.
Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- School health care principles, procedures, and techniques;
- Basic medical treatment protocols including first aid and emergency care;
- Basic medical terminology;
- Medication administration;
- Evaluation and assessment of children and students’ behavior;
- Student health/physical assessments;
- Health promotion and safety;
- Customer service principles;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Performing student health/physical assessments in accordance with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act;
- Taking vital signs;
- Administering basic medical treatments including first aid and emergency care;
- Evaluating, screening and assessing children and students’ behavior in accordance with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act;
- Administering medication;
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary working environment;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Providing customer service;
- Preparing and maintaining records;
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications;
- Applying local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply directly to the website provided.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.