Website Nova Classical Academy
Know Yourself. Know The World.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Science Teacher is responsible for supporting Nova Classical’s students with dedication, enthusiasm, adaptability, kindness, passion, and energy. Much of the work of the Science Teacher consists of preparing and providing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction to students. The Science Teacher should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner. The Science Teacher is employed at-will and operates as a professional within the guidelines established by Nova Classical Academy. In cooperation with Nova Classical staff and volunteers, the Science Teacher works to fulfill the school’s mission in the following areas of responsibility:
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide instruction of core curriculum with appropriate use of instructional resources
- Meet and/or exceed expectations on formal evaluations, including Q Comp
- Complete required reports for parents and/or administration
- Perform classroom management duties including enforcing student conduct rules and providing appropriate disciplinary action, as needed
- Attend professional learning community (PLCs) and staff meetings
- Adherence to Nova policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field
- Valid Minnesota teaching license in 5-8 Science and 9-12 Chemistry, or willingness to obtain
- Proven understanding of development levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to student and other information
- Demonstrated professional and technical knowledge in special education
- Aptitude for work with students at various grade and development levels
- Committed to professional and technical development through attendance at development activities, scheduled meetings, and relevant training
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Current or previous experience working in a classical education environment
- Experience as a Teacher, Educational Assistant, Paraprofessional, or Para Educator
- Current or previous experience instructing science curriculum
- Experience teaching AP Chemistry, including possession of AP Certification or willingness to obtain
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of one hour or more
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with students, teachers, parents, and staff
- Frequent lifting up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting up to 40 pounds
- Regular operation of computer or other office machines
Salary: $36,687.00 - $57,000.00 per year
District Application Guidelines
To apply, visit www.novaclassical.org/careersand click "Browse Current Openings"
The primary role of a Science Teacher is to enhance the learning environment for students by providing effective, personalized attention; engaging in appropriate instructional and behavioral support; and, modeling intellectual and principled living by demonstrating character and intellectual virtues in accordance with Nova Classical Academy’s classical education tradition.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.