Description: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Plan, supervise and coordinate student services at all grade levels. Supervise the collection, storage and release of student records.
Job Summary: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
- Supervise staff in Student Services positions in coordination with building principals.
- Be actively engaged in the equity work of the district.
- Supervise the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of program improvement in all areas of student services.
- Establish and maintain good public relations through participation and leadership in parent advisory groups.
- Manage resources effectively to further the mission of the district.
- Design and support Professional Learning for Student Services staff.
- Assume leadership for and engage in on-going collaboration to improve student learning.
- Engage in effective communication and consultation with members of the organization and community.
- Provide leadership for systemic change, priority results and specific Special Education programs.
- Actively supports the work of the Director of Student services.
- Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
WORKS WITH: District administrators, principals, teachers, and personnel of department
LICENSE: Licensed as a Director of Special Education in Minnesota
Licensed as School Principal preferred.
EDUCATION: Commensurate with license requirements
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Organizational, supervisory, and management abilities;
- Communication skills including writing, speaking and listening;
- Ability to work with parents, community groups and diverse local, regional and state agencies;
- Ability to coordinate program implementation, develop program improvement, initiate action, render recommendations and evaluate programs;
- Ability to organize time, set priorities;
- Ability to apply principles of supervision in the evaluation of staff performance;
- Ability to inform others in planning and decision making;
- Ability to plan and carry out long range planning for in-service training and program improvement;
- Ability to establish personal and department goals and manage work effectively;
- Skills in problem solving.
Licensed Coordinator Contract
$107,225 / $127,906
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.