Description: A Student Management Specialist uses restorative practices to build and maintain relationships between students, teachers, and parents. They help students to grow and to improve behavior while creating individual interventions for students. They also plan for and maintain school-wide systems, structures, and discipline. They are ambassadors for our community and believe passionately in the potential of our students.
- Assists principal in the overall administration of the middle school program;
- Performs as a resource for teachers and staff who express concerns for student attendance, student development and/or discipline;
- Coordinates efforts with guidance, police liaison officer(s), school psychologist, and/or social worker in meeting with students and parents to discuss improving student attendance and/or behavior;
- Consults with families via conference or communication systems concerning student attendance and behavior;
- Resolves student behavior concerns in a fair and timely manner and maintains records of disciplinary or referral actions taken;
- Closely monitors the physical plant of the schools and grounds and follows-up on student vandalism;
- Assists in the interpretation of school district programs relating to student substance abuse and truancy;
- Makes recommendations for appropriate revisions of policies and rules effecting student behavior;
- Assists in discussing strategies to improve student performance, attendance and development;
- Assists in developing and administering practices dealing with campus control and security;
- Maintains active relationships with parents, families and students;
- Assists in establishing rules governing students sent to the in-school suspension/detention room;
- Responds to written and oral communication regarding student development and discipline matters;
- Serves as a member of such committees and attends such meetings as directed by the principal;
- Assumes responsibility when all administrators are out of the building;
- Performs other tasks and assumes responsibilities within the overall scope of the position which the principal may assign.
EDUCATION: B. A. Degree
Per contract https://staff.district279.org/human-resources/contracts
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.