Responsibilities and duties include:
- Posting job openings onto applicable websites, social media, job boards; identifying innovative and unique efforts to recruit and attract diverse candidates.
- Outreaching and attending job fairs, community and networking events to recruit and create a robust pipeline of diverse talent.
- Creatively leveraging technology and digital platforms to innovatively recruit in nontraditional methods and tactics.
- Initiating and conducting full cycle recruiting support; supporting in the development and execution of comprehensive recruitment plans to identify, market and source candidates.
- Assisting the Recruitment and Retention Manager and other stakeholders with the design and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies.
- Assisting in communicating, coaching and providing feedback to internals and external applicants around the hiring process.
- Providing data to stakeholders related to recruitment, retention and staffing.
- Performing research and remaining informed of market trends for recruitment and talent acquisition best practices; developing strategies and innovative ways to recruit.
- Acting as district liaison and developing partnerships with external entities to disseminate information and promote employment opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Maintaining a high-level understanding of District programs and initiatives in order to dialog with candidates about the strategic priorities of the District.
- Assisting with on-boarding and off-boarding activities such as New Teacher Workshop program, mentorship programs, etc.
- Collaborating with all aspects of the onboarding process and determining whether all new hire orientation checklist items have been met for each position type.
- Providing a streamlined, intuitive, and high-quality experience for candidates from application to employees onboarding/orientation.
- Assisting in conducting exit interviews and/or surveys.
- Performing regular market studies and internal pay equity analyses in conjunction with the Recruitment and
- Retention Manager to advise on collective bargaining and/or internal partners to ensure competitiveness in sourcing quality candidates and staff.
- Assisting in maintaining and monitoring recruitment and retention funds as it relates to grants, recruitment materials/supplies, programs, etc.
- Assisting in continuous improvements of recruitment and retention data collection and analysis with Recruitment and Retention Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as attending training sessions, conferences, workshops and seminars to keep abreast of changes, trends or skills required of the work, assisting in special projects as it relates to HR strategic priorities.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business or public administration, communications, marketing or related field and two years or more of work experience in human resources or related work environment. OR
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in human resources, business or public administration, communications, marketing or related field OR
- Society for Human Resource Management/ Professional Human Resources (SHRM or PHR) certification or recognized equivalent certification.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Basic knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Basic knowledge and experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs
- General knowledge of labor contract law and principles
- General knowledge of recruitment and retention practices
- Enhanced knowledge of the operation and applications used in maintaining personnel files, records retention, record/file/database maintenance requirements, compliance reporting, and administrative requirements pertaining to human resource programs and objectives
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and the Internet, including Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability and skills in using the internet and digital platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel to various locations as needed for recruiting and outreach activities, and District related business needs
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and evenings related to business needs
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience in utilizing social media (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) as a sourcing and recruitment tool, and other trending and new technology and digital platforms.
- Experience working with diverse populations, and the ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and cultures; experience in outreach and community engagement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop appropriate rapport with job candidates and internal staff
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with project management
Salary: $62,000 – $71,500 annually
Work schedule: 225 days
Job Type or FTE: Full-time
Bargaining Unit: Salary Professional. This is a new position added to the Salary Professional contract.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
This position offers:
- Health insurance options, three health care options with one of the options including a Health Saving Account (HSA) with district contribution of $200 (Single) or $400 (Family) per month
- Dental/Life insurances
- Personal and Sick Leave accrual hours
- MNPERA Pension plan
- Optional retirement plans 403B/457 – with immediate matching upon enrollment
- Professional growth
- And more!
The hiring process includes:
- Application materials and telephone review
- Interview with presentation
- Stakeholder Interview
- Reference checks
- Contingent Offer
- Background check
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
We are recruiting for a mission-driven, collaborative, and innovative Recruitment and Retention Partner to join our Human Resources team! This position plays a key support role in our recruitment and retention efforts and strategic initiatives. Join our team to inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning by and by collaborating, contributing and executing recruitment strategies to attract and hire qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds. The Recruitment & Retention Partner also supports and assists in retention programs and strategies to retain talent in the district.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.