The Licensed Continuous Elementary Building Substitute Teacher will be providing classroom instruction out of multiple classrooms.
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. In the absence of the classroom teacher, the substitute teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment.
Responsibilities: The substitute teacher will be assigned to only one elementary building to conduct assigned classes at the times scheduled; follow system policies and regulations concerning student conduct and discipline; follow professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, student records, parents and colleagues.
Demonstrate professional practices in teaching:
- Model correct use of oral and written language
- Follow teacher lesson plans
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students
- Encourage student progress.
- Valid Minnesota Teaching License in elementary education Tier 2, 3 or 4.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
$32.00 Per Hour
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.