Hours: 4 hours/day Part-Time, Summer only; 5 days/week Split Shift (A.M. / P.M.); Monday through Friday
Summer Position from June 27, 2022 – August 5, 2022
General Purpose of Job: Assist students and driver in the transportation of students.
- Provide a safe and positive experience for students on special education buses.
- Assist/accompany child in loading and unloading students by operating wheelchair lift or holding hand/arm to support child.
- Responsible for securing students in wheel chairs, assisting students into booster seats, and securing students in safety vests.
- Cooperates with the driver in maintaining good ridership control. Corrects disruptive behavior by singing, talking or providing distractions on the bus.
- Works with drivers and students to promote positive behavior on special education and general education buses by utilizing our Positive
- Behavior Interventions Supports (PBIS), bus behavior matrix and bus bucks program.
- Assist students in keeping clothes on, being sure articles are not left behind, etc. Be sure students are comfortable and special seat or equipment stays secured; e.g., wheelchair brake.
- Cooperate and communicate with teachers, nurse and parents regarding student behavior/problems. Give/receive information pertaining to problems. Informs parents of students’ behavior.
- Communicate with transportation office regarding problems with pick-up areas, excessive tardiness and other special problems encountered in providing services. Informs of severe deviation/problems, e.g., problem student, extreme delays in picking up students, no parent to greet the child, etc.
- Complete Bus Conduct and Incident Communications on student’s transportation problems as they arise.
- ESP’s will be required to work with two school district calendars. Some students attend District 287 and will require ESP’s to work on NON-OSSEO days.
- Ability to log into district website to report hours worked weekly and review emails as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform tasks or work with children.
- Ability to attend to physical needs of students.
- Ability to work inside and outside school bus and in the elements.
- Experience with persons with disabilities desired.
Starting at $17.00/hour
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.