Job summary: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed;
make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for
- Write and implement individual student goals and objectives.
- Evaluate student performance according to the goals and objectives on the Individual
Educational Plan (IEP) used by School District; promote student achievement; maintain
required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or
authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the
development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct.
- Understand and be able to implement due process guidelines following state and federal rules, regulations and District policy.
- Instructing and working with students with severe-profound cognitive and social communication needs.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A valid Minnesota teaching license in ASD required; multiple preferred.
- and/or authorizes the district to complete an Out of Field Permission request (OFP) request. Additional information can be found at PELSB’s OFP guidelines.
- and/or meet the Tier 1 PELSB guidelines.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
Job type or FTE: 1.0
Bargaining unit: Education Minnesota Osseo
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.