Job summary: To be responsible for assisting in the supervision of the Kidstop children. Our program supports our mission, to inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Our program focuses on health, fitness, nutrition and fun enrichment learning.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Follows all district, building and program health and safety procedures. Ensures that vulnerable students are adequately supervised which may include extra support.
- Operating adaptive equipment (i.e., wheelchairs, and augmentative communication devices, assistive technology) and ensuring their safe and proper use as needed.
- Assisting students with the self-care tasks of feeding, dressing, and toileting. Lifting, moving and transitioning may be necessary for repositioning and/or functional tasks as needed. Under the direction of a licensed school nurse or registered nurse, perform basic medical procedures to include, but not limited to, tube feedings, seizure recognition and precautions, etc
- Work with the instructors and program manager to support and assist in leading a variety of enriching activities that promote the health, social skill building and wellness of students.
- Work with staff to create and implement a schedule of activities based on the needs and ages of the students.
- Selected candidates will assist in planning and participate in activities. Activities include but are not limited to language arts, science, physical fitness, movement, games and events.
- Support group activities like clubs, camps, reading, science, social skills, games, or other areas as needed
- Participate enthusiastically in the activities with the children.
- Be a positive role model and an excellent leader to staff and students.
- Great customer service skills. Greet the parents and the children.
- Communicates verbally and in writing accidents or incidents concerning children or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders. Observing, collecting, documenting and reporting data as directed through an IEP if applicable.
- Help parents with signing in and signing out. Laptop and Ipad experience is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable of the program.
- Work with and support all children in the program.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of children and families. Communicates with appropriate personnel as dictated by Federal Education Reporting Practices Act (FERPA) and District policy.
- Carry out the philosophy of Kidstop, District 279 Mission, and the policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service workshops, and Kidstop sponsored events and complete required training that is needed.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to assist the instructor to plan and lead activities
- Must be able to assist in implementing program wide initiatives in the areas of health and fitness.
- Must have knowledge in and able to assist the instructor and lead groups.
- Must be energetic, have strong communication skills and organizational skills, be confident, patient, sensitive, understanding and able to work with elementary aged students.
- Must believe in the mission of District 279 and have the desire to build on the strengths of the district.
- Must be a team player and able to communicate with all ages.
- Must love working with all children and have previous working experience. Child development knowledge is a plus.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
Preferred Qualifications include:
Experience working with students
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Hours: Positions vary from 1.5-3.5 hours/day; 5 days/week — Hours assigned will be between 2:45pm-6:15pm. Hours will be determined and notified no later than August 15, 2022. Currently Kidstop is at the following at elementary sites Basswood, Cedar Island, Edinbrook, Elm Creek, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, and Woodland.
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support ProfessionalOsseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.