Job summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Perform work in the care and improvement of grounds and associated development with emphasis at ice arena.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
Ensures district grounds are properly maintained by:
- Maintaining fields and landscapes including, but not limited to, watering, mowing, string trimming, pruning shrubs, trees, weeding, removing paper and debris from school yard and along fence lines;
- Preparing and caring for athletic play surfaces including natural and synthetic fields;
- Laying out/striping athletic play fields for activities.
- Cleaning up for future mowing fence lines and rough areas; apply soil sterilant under wire;
- Plowing of snow and de-icing on pavement and other driving/walking surfaces;
- Replacing thermostatic and flow traps in heating system if required; replace steam traps and door closures;
- Installing and repairing concrete and blacktop;
- Installing and repairing chain link fencing; irrigation systems and athletic equipment;
- Performing routine maintenance and repair of equipment;
- Operating ice maintenance equipment as required to maintain acceptable playing surfaces.
- Cleaning up after events following established district cleaning standards.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must obtain a MN Specialist boiler license within one year of hire date.
- Must obtain a commercial driver’s license within one year of hire date.
- Must obtain EPA certified pesticide applicator license within one year of hire date.
Work schedule: Work days and hours vary from October 1st through March 31st at ice arena.
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday through Friday from April 1st through September 30th on district grounds crew.
Job type or FTE: Full-time, year round, Classification V
Bargaining unit: Custodial
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check and Drug Screen Process Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks and/or drug screens are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer.
Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The District and Department of Transportation (DOT) require passing of drug screenings for positions that require driving applicable district vehicles.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.