Job Summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning by assisting in preparing and serving quality and nutritious meals to students and staff. Contribute to a positive kitchen team that builds relationships with students, building staff and community members while complying with health, safety and USDA-Child Nutrition Program Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Putting students at the center of what we do through the implementation of the following high Accountability standards: Food Preparation and Equipment
- Assists in preparing and serving all programs offered at site;
- Assist in serving quality meals on time every day regardless of challenges with food, equipment or staffing;
Food Preparation and Equipment
- Understands and follows proper safety and use of food service equipment;
- May assist in calculating quantities of food to be prepared each day while minimizing food waste;
- May assist in the preparation of standardized recipes to ensure serving of safe food and USDA requirements are met for all students;
- May assist in the proper procedure for usage, sanitation and safety of kitchen equipment;
- Supports individual site kitchen goals around team work and customer service;
- Maintains a positive work environment where staff feel welcome and valued;
- Attends in service meetings and trainings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions;
- Maintain temperature logs when necessary to ensure safety.
- Assists with accurate daily menu and food production records.
Lives District 279 Core Values by building trustworthy relationships that contribute to a positive school community.
- Supports the site by connecting the school district mission, core values and priority work into the site’s daily work;
- Respond to all questions and concerns in a timely manner;
- Uses creative ways to connect with students to seek their input and build positive relationships;
- Communicates effectively with students and staff to maintain positive relationships;
- Recognizes and acknowledges concerns and proactively works with others to find solutions.
Meets or exceeds all USDA, MDE, and local health department regulations:
- Understands and follows USDA and MDE meal pattern regulations;
- Follow all local and district health safety codes;
- Complete annual health and safety training;
- Follow all current uniform guidelines and Osseo Area Schools Food and Nutrition personal hygiene procedures
Performs other comparable duties of a life or similar nature as assigned.
- Implements and complies by the standards set forth by the Foodservice Office;
- Participates in daily rotation of site, performing all duties necessary to provide quality meals on time;
- Properly uses commercial kitchen equipment to provide quality product;
- Demonstrates proper use of commercial kitchen equipment to minimize accidents, safety, and sanitation concerns
- Openly and positively accepts other duties as assigned, putting students and staff at the center of each task.
- Flexibility in scheduling and sites
- Skilled in:Interacting positively with all stakeholders;
- Proper use of commercial kitchen equipment to minimize accidents, safety, and sanitation concerns;
- Being agile and ability to move quickly;
Attention to detail;
- Making quick, logical and decisive decisions as daily challenges occur;
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, staff and community;
- Creating a safe and caring work environment where staff feel welcome and valued;
- Communicating effectively using good interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and building positive relationships.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.