The Continuous Special Education Substitute Teacher will be providing classroom instruction out of multiple classrooms.
Job summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. In the absence of the special education teacher, the substitute teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment.
Responsibilities and tasks include: The substitute teacher will be assigned to classrooms where a special education teacher is absent with a focus on filling Connect, Skills or Strategies openings first before accepting open Resource positions to conduct assigned classes at the times scheduled; follow system policies and regulations concerning student conduct and discipline; follow professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, student records, parents and colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
Demonstrate professional practices in teaching:
- Follow teacher lesson plans
- Encourage student progress
- Support student who may be dysregulated
Minimum Qualifications include:
Valid Minnesota Teaching License in special education; ASD, DCD or EBD preferred. Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.