Job summary: To assist administrators, staff and parents in the application of relevant knowledge and techniques from the field of psychology in the instruction and training of children; to influence the development of educational environments and activities that will promote learning and mental health for all children and adults.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
- Provide psychological assessment and evaluation services.
- Assist in educational programming for individual students.
- Offer a broad range of consultation services to students, staff and parents.
- Assist administrators and staff in evaluation and improvement of the total program and operation of the school district.
- Establish and maintain relationship with community groups that will bring about improvement in the mental health and education of children.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Licensed by the Minnesota State Department of Education as a School Psychologist, Level II, Masters Degree.
- and/or authorizes the district to complete an Out of Field Permission request (OFP) request. Additional information can be found at PELSB’s OFP guidelines.
- and/or meet the Tier 1 PELSB guidelines.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Skills in interviewing and counseling children and parents.
- Ability to assess children of all ages in their cognitive, psychomotor, social and emotional development.
- Ability to integrate and evaluate data for appropriate program planning.
- Knowledge of community resources which may be needed by parents and/or school personnel.
- Ability to provide consultation to staff and parents to promote personal and educational development of students.
Job type or FTE: 1.0 (Temporary approximately November 3, 2022 through December 15, 2022).
This position has return rights pursuant to language in the Teacher Transfer Procedures, subd. 1.
Bargaining unit: Education Minnesota Osseo
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.