Website Owatonna Public Schools #761
Owatonna’s Early Childhood Program is seeking an early childhood educator to provide high quality early learning through delivery of evidence-based curriculum, instruction and assessment. This position will be responsible for planning engaging early learning experiences for children ages 1-5, along with their parents. Classes are focused on various age ranges and themes. The teacher will have a variable schedule, including up to 2 evenings a week. The successful candidate will work as a team member to create a warm and welcoming environment for children, their families and professional colleagues.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood and family education and/or child development, early childhood education or related field; Minnesota license in Early Childhood (birth to five years); Birth-Grade 3 license preferred; strong knowledge of child development from birth to age five; experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds; documented experience in the application of MN Early Childhood Indicators of Progress; demonstrated use of research-based strategies and approaches to ensure all learners achieve at the highest levels; Experience in utilizing an inquiry approach to instruction; current first aid and CPR certificate, or willingness to obtain within first eight-weeks of employment.
Desired qualification include:
– Successful teaching experience in developing, modifying and implementing curriculum and learning environments for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and parents of children birth to five years old;
– Experience with teaming/collaborating with others in educating young children and supporting families;
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and digital communication;
– Good organizational skills
Successful experience in partnering with families in a professional capacity. Successful applicant must have ability to work as a contributing team member in a culture of excellence to deliver programs that address the positive development of children and families in diverse populations. This position requires schedule flexibility and availability for one-two evenings per week from 5:15 PM – 7:00 PM.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.